Cost of Attendance Adjustment
The Cost of Attendance (COA) represents a realistic estimate of the costs associated with attending Baylor University. If you believe that the standard Cost of Attendance does not accurately reflect your basic educational expenses, you may submit a Cost of Attendance Adjustment Appeal. If your appeal is approved, you could receive additional loan funds. Due to annual and aggregate loan limits, it is possible that your eligibility could be restricted to a Parent PLUS Loan and/or Alternative Loan. Please be aware that Baylor does not award institutional aid for Cost of Attendance Adjustments.
Types of expenses that can be considered for a COA Adjustment Appeal:
- You are paying more than the standard allowance for required tuition
- You are paying more than the standard allowance for required books & supplies
- You are paying more than the standard allowance for housing (your share only and will take the average of your specific location if living off-campus)
- You are paying more than the standard allowance for educational transportation costs
- You are paying unusual expenses due to participation in a study-abroad program
- You are paying for dependent care expenses
- You are paying for Baylor Health Insurance
- One-time reasonable purchase of a computer expense
Example types of expenses that cannot be considered for a COA Adjustment Appeal but are not limited to:
- Consumer bills (i.e., credit card debt, cell phone payments, car payments, insurance)
- Food and on-campus meal expenses for off-campus students
- Expenses for extracurricular activities (i.e., conferences, sports, internships)
- Relocation expenses
- Expenses for other family members
- Pet or hobby expenses
Prior to submitting:
- Confirm the Cost of Attendance Adjustment Appeal form is signed and completed
- Ensure all documentation of expenses that are not included in the student's current Cost of Attendance are attached to the form
The review process will take five to ten business days, and you will be notified once the Cost of Attendance Adjustment is reviewed. During busy processing times, it may take longer for your appeal to be evaluated.
Submitting a Cost of Attendance Adjustment Appeal form does not guarantee that your Cost of Attendance will change. If loans are increased due to a Cost of Attendance Adjustment, it is your responsibility to take the necessary steps to secure the additional loan funds.
Request a Cost of Attendance Adjustment