Baylor utilizes ELMSelect, a neutral lender and product comparison tool, to present the lenders on our preferred lender list to you. Access our lender list by visiting:
IMPORTANT: You are NOT restricted to the lenders presented on our preferred lender list. You should not be directed to any specific lender by the University; you may choose any lender and follow their application process.
We provide this list as a resource for you to research and make the best selection for your educational funding needs. This list is not exhaustive and other options are available. You do not need to borrow from a lender on this list.
Preferred Lender Arrangements
Placement on the lender list is the result of our annual evaluation of the lender's borrower benefits offered, timely processing, flexibility, historical certification levels at Baylor University, and customer service to you and our staff. To ensure lenders on this list are selected based on the best interests of the borrowers we specifically review:
- Payment of origination or other fees on behalf of the borrower.
- Highly competitive interest rates, or other terms, conditions, and/or provisions.
- High quality loan servicing.
- Additional benefits beyond typical standard terms, conditions, and/or provisions in loan borrowing.
- See more details here.
We exercise a duty of care and loyalty to our students when compiling the preferred lender list without prejudice and for the sole benefit of students and families at Baylor University. We will not deny, impede the borrower’s choice of lender, or cause unnecessary delay in loan certification for those who choose a lender that is not included on the preferred lender list. Vendors on our preferred list were last reviewed April 1, 2022.
When viewing Lenders on ELMSelect, PLEASE BE SURE TO:
- Click on the VIEW button to see more information about the lender and loan options.
- View the DETAILS to see the Lender & Servicer information to understand any vendor affiliation to other lenders on the list and loan program specific disclosures.
Private Education Loan Self-Certification
Instructions: Obtain the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification form from your lender or print it and complete Sections 2, 3 and 4. Return the completed form to your lender; do not submit it to the Financial Aid Office.