The Verification Process
- You will receive a notification from our office letting you know you have been selected for the verification process along with instructions on where to find the documentation being requested.
- Complete and submit all the required documents and information to our office. Many of the forms have an additional help link you may select in case you have questions, or need additional guidance. Helpful hints:
- Complete the form(s) in its entirety. Do not leave blanks.
- Include student’s name and Baylor University ID on each form and document.
- Keep a copy of all submitted information for your records.
- Sign where required – stamped or computer-generated signatures are not acceptable.
- Allow a minimum of 10 business days for our office to process your information.
- Monitor BearWeb at baylor.edu/bearweb. You will be able to see when documents have been received and processed. You will also see new items listed if our office has received incomplete documents or if the information you provided needs further clarification.
- Once all verification requirements are complete, we will update your FAFSA to reflect the information you provided to our office and you will receive a new Student Aid Report (SAR). Please review your SAR to ensure that the information is accurate based on the documentation you provided.
If there were no changes to your FAFSA, the most recent FAFSA on file in our office will be used to determine your federal and state financial aid.
- You will receive an emailed financial aid offer with your finalized federal and state aid awards.
To ensure your aid is available in time for your fall semester charges, you should complete verification no later than June 1st.
We are not able to continue processing your file until we receive the information that is required to complete the verification process.